We can't stay on the sidelines.
This is an extraordinary time in our history. We believe it's a moment where we need to use our professional abilities to change things—we can't wait for others to do it for us. We are urgently compelled to make a difference, and we're looking for colleagues that want to have immediate impact to help change America's direction.
The New Data Project (NDP) is a new, non-profit organization that is building software to increase civic engagement while serving as an advanced technology research lab for progressives. One of our first products is VoteWithMe, a new mobile app that uses a person’s personal network to help them get out the vote.
We’re building a team of world-class engineers, data scientists, organizers, and user researchers to ensure that the issues that matter have the talent and tools to succeed now and in the future.
Do you feel compelled to act? Do you thrive in a dynamic team that innovates quickly based on real-world data? Do you want to move our country in a positive direction? If so, we would love to talk to you about joining The New Data Project and making it easy for people to participate in civic engagement.
Vote With Me Social Media Manager (Volunteer)
Our Social Media Manager is responsible for our presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Monitor Facebook and Twitter and respond to user comments and feedback
- Generate engagement with our Facebook Page and Twitter account making timely, meaningful, and audience-appropriate posts
- Lead Twitter and Facebook community, followers and other users
- Produce brand-relevant content
Qualifications and Skills
- Interest in helping drive turnout in the November, 2018 midterm elections
- Evidence of handling an active and successful social media portfolio
- Comfort with ambiguity and operating with minimal direction
- Thoughtful and collaborative
- Deep knowledge of the American political context
- Ability to respond to social posts in a very timely manner
- Availability to spend 10 hours/week
The New Data Project is a non-profit organization, and there is no cash compensation associated with this volunteer position.
How we Hire
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please send a note about your background and interest, a link to your LinkedIn profile or resume, and two references to email@example.com. For design positions, please also include a link to your portfolio.